|The Site - Looking South|
This project presents a great opportunity to compare, yields, costs, labour requirements and the ecological impact of the different systems.
I am very fortunate to have 1yr to make the essential observations on the site that will provide me with the necessary information to come up with a solid design.
|Satellite image of the Site - Boundaries represented by Green Line|
My design for the Forest Garden will include
- Site Survey - Existing vegetation, Land History, Water flow, Seasonal observations
- Irrigation plan - Swale placement, pond placement (if required), irrigation schedule.
- Fertility plan - Compost, Biomass plants, fertility crops, vermicomposting, Humanure
plan - Productive perennial guild designs, Productive annual guild
designs, Plant list (species, cultivars and source of plants), Wildlife guild designs.
- Yield forecast - Forecasts for yields Year 1, Year 5, Year 10, Year 25
- Management plan - Maintenance schedule, Harvesting schedule, Estimated labor (hrs per week)
- Implementation plan - Order of works schedule.
- Costs report - a breakdown of the estimated costs for implementation (land works, materials, plants, tools, labor)
- Base map.
- Design proposal map